Friday 13 January 2012

After the Storms, back to lifting!

Back to some lifing! Well after the biggest storms in the Alps for years, I was finally able to clear over a metre of snow and ice from my patio where all my equipment is.

I havent lifted any weights for about 3 weeks due to the weather and mainly because I have been Ski instructing more or less everyday for the last 4 weeks and skiing for the last 6 weeks, so coupled with the weather and work, crossfit and lifting has taken a back seat.

What I miss most is doing deadlifts, they seem to fuel me with energy, deadlift for me is the king of lifts for strength and hormonal boost. I get quite hestitant doing deadlifts, its something that I continue to work on, and especially when I have had a layoff, I find it hard to get back into the groove.

So, this morning, I decided to do a Jim Wendler 5/3/1 Deadlift and shoulder press program to get back into the swing, its was pretty cold outside, but the sun was out and was a erfect day to get back lifting.

Started of a warm up with some ITB foam rolling, then some skipping and overhead Airsquats.

Based the lifts on a 160kg deadlift and 75 kg shoulder press. Deadlift was fine, but I had lost some strength in the press, quite normal after a little layoff, with shoulders it comes back quickly! My mobility in my shoulders was good, just before Xmas I twinged it doing Kettlebell Swings, so its now back to full mobility.

Deadlift:
5 x 70kg
5 x 70kg
3 x 90kg
5 x 105kg
12(5+) x 120kg
Then 5 rounds of: 30 second rest in between sets
10 x 70kg

Shoulder Press
5 x 30kg
5 x 35kg
3 x 45kg
5 x 45kg
5 x 55kg
5+(3) 60kg didnt make the 5!
Then 5 rounds of:
10 x 35 kg




No comments:

Post a Comment